5 mil aluminum foil coated on one side with acrylic PSA. This tape is supplied on a release liner.
An excellent product for heat reflection and for use in the appliance industry. Often used to repair and patch tears in aircraft and truck trailers skins.
PRODUCT ID: 214-L TAPE
DESCRIPTION: PRESSURE SENSITIVE PRODUCTS
Products Engineered to your Specifications
Backing: 0.005″ Aluminum
Interliner: Densified Kraft
- A heavy duty, dead soft aluminum foil tape that is perfect as a moisture/vapor barrier, and is particularly effective for heat reflective applications.
- Also used when vibration dampening is required or as a thermal spreading mechanism in heating devices.
- Dead soft aluminum foil is highly conformable to both irregular and curved surfaces, and offers excellent resistance to water and vapor transmission.
- Aggressive acrylic PS adhesive is designed to offer excellent quick stick and ultimate adhesion.
- Highly reflective surface makes this tape ideal for under hood, wire harness applications.
- Liner allows the tape to be die cut into shapes.
- Tape can be made printable for label applications.
|Thickness w/o liner:||0.0063 inch +/- 10%||ASTM-D-3652|
|Peel Strength:||40 oz./inch of width||ASTM-D-1000|
|Breaking Strength:||50 lbs./inch of width||ASTM-D-1000|
|Elongation at Break:||15%||ASTM-D-1000|
|Service temperature:||-40F / 250F|
|Shelf Life:||1 year when stored under conditions of|
70 degrees F. (21 degrees C.) and 50% R.H.
|P/N 472||Date: (Rev.3) 02/23/09|
Physical and performance values and characteristics shown above are obtained through recommended test procedures. The above values do not represent a guarantee of product performance and are not intended for use in determining engineering specifications. Values represent nominal and average values; individual roll values may vary from average values indicated on the datasheet. User is responsible for determining suitability and fitness for use. User assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith. Seller assumes no liability beyond the replacement value of material.
Learn more at Orcon Aerospace