Lamart is a wide web, custom coater, and laminator of flexible substrates, such as films, scrims, foils, foams, fabrics, etc. Founded in 1956 to design and manufacture laminated rolled goods that were not readily available and to this day, we pride ourselves on being a unique adhesive partner for the aerospace, optical, graphic arts, industrial, medical devices, and automotive industries.
Description / Responsibilities
- Provide engineering support to production in improving process reliability and performance.
- Provide mechanical expertise for troubleshooting process problems and modifying operating equipment and facilities.
- Drive continuous improvement activities on the production floor. Key success factors include reducing equipment downtime and improving quality throughput.
- Assist the Maintenance Department with technical guidance and support in the areas of troubleshooting, PLC programing, drive systems and process control.
- Implement/monitor Statistical Process Control for critical product parameters.
- Drive machine upgrades and implementation of new technology.
- Collaborates with R&D and supports production qualification trials of new materials and/or products
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment or parts.
Other Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with hydraulic systems, pneumatic, natural gas, winders, rollers, tension controllers, web guides, and PLC’s is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good written and communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information
- Driven self-starter who works with little supervision, can multi-task and set priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with SolidWorks or AutoCAD is a plus
- B.S. degree in an engineering discipline
- 3-5 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong manufacturing process skills and experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Capable of reading machine drawings and electrical circuit diagrams
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance